Met Standard | Met Alternative Standard | Improvement Required
The 2014 ratings are based on a revised system that uses various indicators to provide greater detail on the performance of a district or charter school and each individual campus throughout the state. The performance index framework includes four areas:
- Student Achievement – Represents a snapshot of performance across all subjects, on both general and alternative assessments, at an established performance standard.
- Student Progress – Provides an opportunity for diverse campuses to show improvements made independent of overall achievement levels. Growth is evaluated by subject and student groups.
- Closing Performance Gaps – Emphasizes improving academic achievement of the economically disadvantaged student group and the lowest performing race/ethnicity groups at each campus or district.
- Postsecondary Readiness – Includes measures of high school completion, and beginning in 2014, State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) performance at the postsecondary readiness standard. (Grade 9 and above only.)
For eligible campuses that achieve the rating of Met Standard, distinction designations in the following areas have also been assigned:
- Top 25 % Student Progress
- Academic Achievement in Reading/English language arts
- Academic Achievement in Mathematics
For additional information, visit the Texas Education agency web site at www.tea.state.tx.us.